Symptoms This Week:
- Fatigue (still… I’m so ready to be done with that)
- Breast tenderness (still need VERY gentle hugs)
- Frequent urination (who has TIME for this many bathroom breaks! SHEESH!)
- Lower abdominal pain (don’t be alarmed, it’s only when sneezing or contracting those muscles in a severe way – so – no more crunches at the gym…)
- Maybe a TOUCH of “pregnancy brain” beginning to rear it’s forgetful head…
Aaaah! Week Five. This feels more “legit” when people ask.
“How far along are you?”
It somehow seems more… viable? I don’t know – I’m not sure it makes much sense outside of my over active brain, but… It feels more normal.
This week, I realized that I had fully and actually and FOR REAL missed my period. Not only had I missed it, but it had been missed by over a week – so – no chance of it just being late. I was really and TRULY pregnant. This was the week that it started to sink in a little more. The friends that I had told were checking in with me periodically asking me how I was feeling, and while I was having symptoms, they weren’t related to “morning sickness” no nausea or food aversions, nothing like that – which is what I think everyone was waiting for.
At still four more weeks until the first ultra sound, there was still a lot of uncertainty and fear this week – although – with every day there is MORE certainty – we made it through the day with no catastrophes – thank God.